The Arthritic Benefits of Tomatoes
Loading the player...Arthritis - the health benefits of tomatoes <p><a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/rheumatologist"> Rheumatologist</a>, and a <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician">Registered Dietician</a>, and a Kinesiologist, talk about the health benefits of <a href="https://smartfood-now.com/tomatoes-family-smart-food-now">tomatoes</a> in relation to arthritis management.</p>
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Tomato Tart
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Tomato Tart Chef Trevor Bird from Windset Farms® makes a Tomato TartChef Trevor Bird from Windset Farms® makes a Tomato Tart
Windset Farms® Tomato Tart
- 1.5 lb Cameo® Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 250g fresh ricotta cheese
- 100 ml pesto
- 4-6 Living Organic Basil leaves, torn
- Maldon salt or sea salt, pinch
- Drizzle olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Cut the puff pastry into a circle 4 inches wide and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush the pastry with an egg wash of equal parts egg yolk and water, and sprinkle lightly with salt
- Remove the Cameo® Cherry Tomatoes from the vine, slice the tomatoes in half.
- Place the prepared tomatoes on the puff-pastry, cut side up, in one layer, and sprinkle salt on tomatoes
- Bake the puff pastry with the tomatoes on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, until tomatoes have dehydrated and pastry has cooked
- Dress with a dollop of ricotta, pesto, and fresh Living Organic Basil leaves. Season the top liberally with salt. Enjoy!