The Health Benefits of EggPlants
Loading the player...Eggplant : How Can it improve your diet <p><a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician">Registered Dietician</a> and Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including eggplants can help improve overall health.</p>
Registered Dietician and Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including eggplants can help improve overall health.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla.Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla.
Windset Farms® Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla
- 2 Adagio® Baby Eggplants
- 2 Maestro® Sweet Bell Peppers
- 1 cup grated white cheddar
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 chicken breast (optional), cooked
- 1 package small corn tortillas (whole wheat flour tortillas work also)
Ingredients Tomato Jam
- 1 lb Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Cut eggplants into quarts, lengthwise. Score with a knife to create deep cuts through the flesh.
- Drizzle eggplants with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- Roast the Maestro® Bell Peppers in the same oven for 20 minutes, let cool.
- Peel and seed peppers and roughly chop until a chunky purée.
- Peel or ‘scoop’ the flesh of the eggplant out and finely chop it until it is puréed.
- Season with salt and pepper and add cheddar, mix to incorporate.
- In a small pot, bring honey, vinegar, water & sea salt to a simmer, turn off the heat and drop in Concerto® Grape Tomatoes. Let cool.
- To build the quesadilla, spread eggplant and roasted yellow pepper dip on face of a tortilla.
- Add Concerto® Grape Tomato jam to taste
- Fold and grill or bake until crispy – but not too crispy!
- Pack in lunch container. Send child to school. Take rest of day off. *You can add chicken or other meat
**Substitute cheddar if preferred