DIFFICULTY : SIMPLE PREPTIME: 2 HOURS COOK TIME 20 MINUTES SERVES: 6
Tired of hummus? Dip into this flavor-packed alternative for a spin on a classic!
Health Benefits of Eggplants
Loading the player...Healthy Eating - how eggplant can improve your diet <p>Sarah Ware, RD, <a href="https://smartfood-now.com/local/local-registered-dietician">Registered Dietician</a> and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including <a href="https://heartfailurenow.com/the-heart-health-benefits-of-eggplants">eggplants </a>can help improve overall health.</p>
Sarah Ware, RD, Registered Dietician and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including eggplants can help improve overall health.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Baba Ganoush Eggplant Dip
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Baba Ganoush Eggplant Dip Executive Chef Trevor Bird, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Baba Ganoush Eggplant Dip.Executive Chef Trevor Bird, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Baba Ganoush Eggplant Dip.
Windset Farms® Baba Ganoush Eggplant Dip
- 6 Adagio® Baby Eggplants
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt plain
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh Chives, cut
- Feta cheese to taste
- 2 rounds flatbread
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Peel garlic and cut cloves in half.
- Cut a small slit into the eggplant and stuff with one half clove of garlic each.
- Place the whole eggplants in the oven for 1 hour until they are soft and wrinkled.
- Remove eggplants from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes until they reach room temperature. When cool, cut in half and remove insides into a colander. Put a clean dish towel or paper towel on top and push out any excess liquid.
- Place eggplant in a food processor and mix in Dijon, yogurt, salt, and olive oil. Pulse until you reach a hummus like consitancy. Mix in juice from ½ a lemon.
- Portion into bowls and top with chives and Feta cheese.
- Serve with warmed flatbread and enjoy!